Stilling hos: Odfjell Drilling
Maritime Trainee, Odfjell Energy
Frist: 22. oktober 2021 23:59
Kontakt: Kurt Meinert Fjell // +47 92030114
Odfjell Energy is seeking a technical maritime trainee that will rotate within our departments and business units; Platform Operations, Project and Engineering, Innovation & Development. Following completion of the trainee program, it is the intention that the trainee will continue in a permanent position in Odfjell Energy. This will be dependent on the trainee’s performance, motivation and interest, combined with the company’s development and requirements. Former maritime trainees are now found in internal leading positions.
Our trainees will be a part of one of the leading management program in Norway, Maritime Trainee, which is organised for the industry by the Norwegian Shipowner’s Association (Rederiforbundet). The program lasts for 18 months and combines working in a world leading drilling company with an academic program with five modules in Norway, Singapore and London. This program gives you an outstanding way to start your career. In Odfjell Energy, you will be challenged within Platform Drilling, Innovation & Development, Green Technology, Project & Engineering, Digitalization and more.
The positions will be based at our office in Kokstad, Bergen, although offshore travel is a large requirement and extensive flexibility is vital in order to succeed within the trainee program.
Candidates are welcome to write their master thesis in co-operation with Odfjell Drilling.
In addition to following the Norwegian Ship Association’s trainee program, the trainees will rotate within various departments in our business area for Odfjell Energy. The work scope will include:
- The candidates will be offered basic offshore safety training and exposed to frequent offshore travel during the program. The aim is to introduce and let the candidates understand the offshore segment.
- Provide technical support to business and project development activities within the business area
- Risk, safety and environmental impact assessments
- Concept development and qualification within digitalization projects
- Participate in class renewal projects
- Contribute with our Green Technology team, with tasks such as Energy and Emission reductions, Green House Gas reductions, etc
- Prepare marketing proposals and other related materials
- Support in tender processes
- Assist in following up with existing customers and contract management
- Analyze trends and operational data
- Provide support to and back up for Odfjell Energy as and when required
- Participate in specific projects as required
- Assist in daily operations, coordination of repairs, maintenance and modifications of the rigs
- Master’s degree in engineering, with a specialization in naval architecture, marine, petroleum, cybernetics, robotics, software or mechanical engineering and/or data science.
- You have a strong personal interest in the offshore industry
- Solid computer skills
- Fluent in Norwegian and English language
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability
- You have the ambition of making a difference!
- You are curious and have the drive to accomplish and fulfil tasks
- You possess energy and drive
- You identify with our values: committed, safety conscious, creative, competent & result oriented
- You are a team-player and have good communication skills
- You have a solution oriented attitude
- You are flexible and service minded
- You have the willingness and desire to travel, and the ability to function in business cultures on all continents
- A challenging position and good opportunities for individual and professional development
- A competent working environment, high employee satisfaction and enthusiastic colleagues
- Offshore safety course together with an individual training program designed just for you
- Competitive terms
- Excellent insurance schemes including health-insurance
- Flexible work-hours